Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Niagara Falls!


Today we went to Niagara Falls! It was incredible to see the beauty of one of God's most beautiful earthly creations. Elder Wooding mentioned to one of the families in our ward that he had always wanted to go to Niagara Falls. They said that they would be in the area for a dentist appointment and they could take us down there. So we got to spend almost our entire preparation day down there. It was a bit cold, +4 degrees Celsius, so probably mid 30s Fahrenheit. There were a lot of great tourist attractions to see besides the falls; we spent most of our time in the commercial district. The Niagara Falls elders showed us around town. I have lots of pictures that I'll try to send next week.
Wednesday we woke up at 5:30 to go to Etobicoke for a conference scheduled to start at 7:30. It didn't actually start until 9:30, so we could have slept in until 6:30, but I'm not bitter. Elder Duncan of the Quorum of the 70 was there and was able to teach us for pretty much the entire time, up until 4 pm. I was pretty impressed. It was very informative and he gave us a lot of good ideas on how we can work with members. This week our success with the less-active members in our ward went way up, probably as a direct result of this conference. Four less-active members that usually weren't there showed up; two of them came as a direct result of our efforts and two of them came randomly. We are meeting with members that I've never really met with before and the Lord is opening doors for so many of his children to return to church.
Friday morning I received a phonecall from someone who had met with the missionaries about a year ago named Joanne. She's been going through some rough trials recently and recognized that we could help her and pray for her. She and her daughter became a new investigator. Miracles are happening, and we're so grateful for them.
--Elder Wade