This week we've been really strapped for kilometers--the entire zone has been. We only get 1500 km a month, and we need all of them. The trips that we took to Etobicoke and Brampton left us with only 1100 for the month, and as of like the 20th of February we had no kilometers left. So we've been walking a lot. In the slush. Squish squish, squish squish.
We've been tracting a lot of the low income areas within walking distance of our apartments. A lot of it has been tracted recently by the YSA sisters(half of the low income area is YSA), but we've been having a lot more success there than in the rich neighborhoods that constitute the rest of our jurisdiction. Elder Wooding and I are getting along really well; he's probably the funniest companion I've had in a long time. But I can never really tell for sure whether he is joking or not. I get a lot of kicks from asking him to say British movie quotes.
We emailed on Wednesday last week, so there's not as much to report on. We had a recent convert fireside last night at the stake center for a few of the recent converts of the stake to bear their testimonies. One of the KW recent converts bore her testimony. She was baptized the transfer before I got here. She joined the church after observing her LDS friends (the young women, basically) for a year and deciding that she wanted(and needed) what they had. Her life completely turned around and she traded her cigarettes and depression pills for a Book of Mormon and a better life. Her parents are very unsupportive, even antagonistic, but she has a better family now.
"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it." (Matthew 13:45-46)
Have a good week!
--Elder Wade