This week we had an investigator at church! Kelly came and brought both of her daughters. I think that's been the first time there was an investigator at church in this area since October. Church started backwards this year, we have sacrament meeting at the end of the block. It was a mad rush to get Kelly, her 13-year-old daughter, and her 4-year-old daughter to Relief Society, Young Women, and Primary, and all of this with friendshippers from each auxiliary. It was tough, but we made it to Priesthood with enough time to find out that we were teaching Elder's Quorum. Ugh.....sure we can teach today.
Then the third hour came, and both I and Elder Sorensen gave talks. The bishopric was planning on that Sunday being fast Sunday but it changed and they didn't have time to assign members to speak. The subject was goals, and I ended up speaking for 25 minutes. I didn't even know I could speak for that long. We talked to Kelly after church was over and they all loved coming. Her oldest daughter wants to come to the Wednesday night activity this week, so things are going really well. I'm excited for them.
The weather is getting a lot colder now. I feel much more prepared mentally this year since I've already been through one. And I have plenty of thick socks to wear!
Have a good week everyone.
--Elder Wade