This week was Christmas, boxing day, and now we are getting ready for New Years. Our preparation day was moved to Tuesday because all of the libraries were closed on Monday. Unfortunately, ours was closed on Tuesday, too, so that's why I'm emailing so late.
In preparation for Christmas day my companion and I finished delivering all of our Living Christmas cards. It was a good program, we will see if anything comes from it. On Christmas day, we all woke up at 7:30 and opened out Christmas presents. I'm pretty sure I woke up at 6:30 and just layed in bed until 7:30. We all had plenty of presents to open, thanks for all of them. I have lots of ties, socks, candy, and scarves. It was great being able to celebrate Christmas in a four elder apartment.
Monday was Boxing day. It's not much of a holiday, it's mostly a celebration of materialism. But it was also my companion's birthday! For his birthday, we got a great phonecall, it was a woman named Kelly. She called us and said that a couple of months ago the missionaries had given her a book and she wanted to come to our church. We gave her a chapel tour during our P-day and she seems really solid. What a great birthday present! She will be coming to church this Sunday with her 2 kids, I can definitely see her getting baptized.
Happy New Years everyone!
--Elder Wade