This week has been awesome. I am in a 4-elder apartment! We are living with the Kitchener-Chinese elders. It's very fun and as you can imagine it makes us slightly less productive at times. Elder Sorensen, my new companion, is great. He is from Provo, Utah. He took four years of Mandarin in high school, so I'm the only one in our apartment that doesn't know Chinese. Me and Elder Sorensen are very much alike, so we are going to have a really fun transfer together.
We cover the family ward of Kitchener and Waterloo, so we cover between 200 and 300 thousand people. All of the Spanish, Chinese, and YSA contacts that we get have to be referred to the other missionaries in our district. Our area has 2 universities and a college in it, so there are a ton of YSA people here. The only places to street contact are saturated with students, so we have to tract instead. Waterloo is famous for being full of kind, intelligent people, and there are a lot of professors here. We haven't received the greatest response yet; it's much harder to have gospel conversations here than it was in Ajax, so we are going to have to become master tracters.
The stake president is in our ward. He used to be a mission president, and we are eating dinner there on Wednesday. I have to admit I'm a little intimidated. The ward here is pretty old, so there is a lot of knowledge but not much energy. We had a ward Christmas party on Saturday, and there were a lot of nonmembers there. The members seem to be pretty missionary minded. I saw one of the members from Walkerton there, and she was surprised that I was still in the missionfield. It was weird seeing someone from so long ago. Walkerton was like a different lifetime.
When I first got into this area on Wednesday, I was informed that Elder Thomson, my former district leader of 6 months, would be spending the day with us(He was at the end of his mission). He was trained in Kitchener-Waterloo, so he took us to one of his really good former investigators. Hopefully we will be able to start teaching them soon, because we don't really have any investigators.