Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kitchener-Waterloo

Last night was transfer night. Elder Wheeler gave a talk in sacrament meeting, because the bishopric thought he might be getting transferred. He said goodbye to a lot of members at church, and we took a lot of pictures to remember the people by. We got home at 9:00 and began the dreaded hour of anxiety. It was 10:26. No call. Another looooooong companionship, I thought to myself. Great. That will make 3.5 transfers with Elder Wheeler. I called one of the members that was particularly concerned about one of us leaving and assured that we were both staying. I'm sure they could detect a hint of disappointment in my voice as I contemplated being with my third "eternal" companion. Then the Whitby elders interrupted our call(Elder King). Just a few minutes before, Elder King was sure that he would be having his second 6-month companion in a row. They informed me that they had just received a call, and they are both getting transferred. Elder King is going to Barrie, where he will hopefully be able to contact Carol. Elder Wheeler was taking a shower at this point, and I celebrated with the Whitby elders. Our celebration was quickly interrupted by a phone call at 10:31 from... President Scott! My heart pounded and I ran to the bathroom where Elder Wheeler had just finished washing up. President Scott explained that I would be leaving Ajax/Pickering to go to Kitchener/Waterloo to work with Elder Sorenson. Elder Wheeler will stay in Ajax and train a new missionary.

This will be a great change! I'm really excited to have a new place to serve, but sad to leave the members and companion that I love.

--Elder Wade