This week has been really really busy and we have had a ton of success! We cover two cities, Ajaz and Pickering. They both are home to about 100,000 people each, which is a big change considering my last area covered like 35,000 people total, if that. It's been a bit of a shock to my system having so many people to talk to. We serve in the Pickering ward, but the building is in Ajax. The two cities are practically merged together, so sometimes we just call our area Pickerax. It used to be two separate areas once upon a time. The congregation is a really healthy ward, a bit bigger than Windsor and much more varied when it comes to nationalities.
My new companion is Elder Wheeler. He's from Idaho and he came into the mission field the same night that I slept over in Brampton on my way to serve in London. He is very outgoing and confident, one of the best finders I've worked with and filled with energy for missionarywork. Our apartment is another really nice basement apartment, complete with laundry machines and a jacuzzi. There are a lot of cool places to visit and restaurants to eat at. I think we might go visit downtown Toronto next week, it's only $10 to take the train there and back. We'll be playing tennis this P-day. I'm actually serving in the same district as Elder King. We were both really excited to find that out I'm sure.
Our week was probably the best one I've had on my mission, numbers wise. We had 6 new investigators and 4 investigators at church. It seemed like everyone we talked to on the street was prepared to hear the Gospel. The Lord has blessed me with a great group of people to labor amongst. The bishops wife had us over to teach one of her friends on the first full day that I was here. There are 3 other people that we are working with that were referred to us by their member friends. On Friday evening, we were tracting when some guy pulled over on the side of the road just to talk to us. This Sunday he came to church. Another guy came to church that had visited mormon.org and wanted to come and see what we are all about. People are just flocking to the Gospel! Last night we helped push someone's broken-down truck out of an intersection and into a parking lot and taught him while he waited for someone to pick him up. It was pretty cool, we are actually able to do service for people here.
Have a great week everyone. I know I will!
--Elder Wade