Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Victory is the Lord's!




This week was the best week ever! Carol was baptized in the Georgian Bay on Sunday morning and I performed the baptism. It was an amazing experience to say the least. There is so much power in that ordinance and the peace that we felt as we waded into the water was indescribable. The water is pretty shallow so we had to walk for quite a ways. The witnesses had to wear shorts so they could walk far enough to see the baptism. That day, July 17, 2011, a most precious daughter of God took upon herself the name of Christ. How great is that soul in the eyes of God. The Lord has truly blessed us in the area of Stayner.
We had a zone conference this week and we had interviews with President Brower. It was probably the last interview I'll ever have with him. He's a really good motivator and has a way of lifting you up--I'll miss that.
We also had travels. I stayed in Wasaga Beach and worked with Elder Thomson, our district leader. I've worked with him 3 or 4 times before because he's been here longer than Elder King and I have been here. Our travels lasted one day and two nights. Elder Thomson is from Orem, Utah and worked on the BYU campus doing gardening and whatnot. We have a lot in common and we had a great time. We woke up at 6 AM both mornings and played Frisbee on the beach. We did missionary work in Angus, the land of milk and honey, and we had a lot of success. Elder Thomson has been out for a long time and is a really good missionary. We also ate all-you-can-eat Sushi, and it was awesome. In the evening, we came back to Wasaga Beach. At the end of the day, we went to a local ice cream place. I've been seeing those ice cream stores for 6 months and have never been able to go there because Elder King is allergic to milk.
That was my week, and it was awesome.
--Elder Wade