Last Wednesday we met with Carol again, with the intent of resolving all of her concerns. She now has agreed to be baptized this Saturday! Her testimony is growing and I am confident that the only major obstacle between her and baptism is her addiction to cigarettes. Tomorrow(Wednesday) is her scheduled appointment for lazor therapy that will remove the craving for cigarettes, or so they say. I've heard good things about it, but it will cost her $200. She's going to be baptized in the lake, as originally planned. We'll be meeting again tonight to solidify all of the logistics.
This week one of the zone leaders, Elder Martinsen, came and worked with me in Wasaga Beach. He served in Wasaga Beach the transfer before Elder King and I got transferred in. We spent a lot of time talking about how we can improve the area. This has been the slowest area I've ever served in, and apparently it's been that way since the branch was organized in 2005. I thought that it would speed up once the weather warmed up, but here I am 2 seasons later and we're crawling on our hands and knees looking for people to teach. Luckily that same day Elder Martinsen traveled me we found a new investigator. His name is Jason. I remember seeing him on the porch of his apartment building, making hamburgers. He looked like a heavy, mean guy and he had a really big dog. I started talking to him, probably with false judgments in my mind, but he turned out to be one of the nicest guys I've talked to in a long time. We taught him on his porch and set up a return appointment, we'll see what happens with him.
Well, that was our week for the most part. This transfer has been moving pretty slow. Elder King and I have just been together way too long, but I think we'll survive.
--Elder Wade