This week has been pretty interesting, to say the least.
Here in Wasaga Beach we celebrated the dreaded May 2-4 weekend. I don't know why they call it May 2-4, I guess they think it sounds cooler than May 24th. Anyway, during long weekends in the summer the beach population goes from 16,000 to 80,000. Who comes in? A bunch of drunks from Toronto, most of them between 18 and 25 years old. Everything was a mess. Everyone we talked to was hammered. The people that live above us partied for 3 days straight. Elder King and I got like 6 hours of sleep each night. I remember there was one night from 2 am to 3 am where they weren't even partying, they were just yelling at each other. It was awful. We are moving on June 15 and I can't wait.
We got hit by a car on Saturday. Luckily Elder King and I were also in a car. No one is hurt, but that guy's insurance is going to sky rocket. Elder King was stopped at a 3-way intersection, turning left. I was just staring off into outer space, minding my own business, and then SLAM. My sunglasses flew off of my face. Fortunately for them, they didn't break. He rear-ended us and swerved at the last moment in an attempt to alleviate the damage so he just crushed up our rear left corner. It's still drivable and all, it's just really inconvenient. Now we have to get it fixed and I don't know if we'll be able to work without a car. The beach is really long and narrow so it's not plausible to walk everywhere. We will see how everything turns out.
Transfers were this week, not that it makes any difference. Elder King and I are both staying here...again. We'll be companions for a total of 20 weeks...ugh. That's 2 weeks more than I was with Elder Bennett. But I'm not bitter. I'm going to cherish every travel, though.
The drunkards are gone, but I'm sure they'll be back on Friday. And they will be everywhere. Hopefully we'll be in Collingwood for most of it.
--Elder Wade