Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Carol

Today the Wasaga Beach computers were closed for some reason and we had to go to the Stayner library. The Stayner library has a leaky ceiling so they wouldn`t let us use the computers. They ended up letting us use one of the laptops. What that means is that I only have about 30 minutes worth of email time. So I`ll try to type fast.
Our car should cost between $3800-$4500 to repair and we`ll be on foot for a week or so. Being on foot will not work at all in our area, so we`ll probably have members drive us everywhere. That will be a lesson in patience.
Carol has a baptismal date! It`s June 26, last day of the transfer. She`s super solid. She also smokes and drinks coffee, but we have ways of dealing with that. I`ve never helped someone to quit smoking before so this will be interesting. Charlie`s baptismal date has fallen through because he didn`t go to church last week, but we will be meeting with him tonight to help him out.
We had some really good food this week. On Friday we had Sushi! It was awesome; strange-tasting yet delicious. I don`t think Elder King liked it though(he ate with his hands, too, haha). On Sunday night we ate with President Zaugg`s family and he cooked us succulent steaks. It was quite possibly one of the best steaks I`ve ever had. I like the Zauggs because they feed us high-quality medium quantity meals. One of the best ways to ruin a meal for somebody is to make them eat too much of it(Exception: Thanksgiving).
While we were tracting this week we ran into one of the cops that we dealt with back when Elder Bindrup was here. He was polite but very anti-mormon. ``Joseph Smith was a false prophet, there`s only one heaven, etc.`` So I handled the situation the same as I always do. I mustered up all of my courage and strength and said, ``Alright. Well, it was nice talking to you! Have a good day!`` And that`s how it`s done.
Have a great week!
--Elder Wade