This week went really well. We had a two-day long travel with the zone leaders. That means we blitzed Wasaga Beach with 5 missionaries and got a lot of work done. One of the zone leaders, Elder Omer, speaks Chinese. A few weeks ago, we ate at a Chinese restaurant after our district meeting and Elder Omer talked to the waitress in fluent Mandarin. Elder Omer visited that same lady while he was on travels and taught her the first lesson. Elder King and I both have experience teaching Chinese people(not linguistically, but culturally) so this should work out really well.
We had a run-in with the cops yesterday but I won't bore you with the details.
It has been pretty warm lately. Elder Bindrup still bundles up though, because he is from Arizona and won't be warm until it is 60 degrees outside. Everyone seems to be coming back from Florida, haha. Here in the Stayner area we cover Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, and parts of Florida. Tracting can get pretty monotonous at times, so Elder Bindrup and I have been working on our accents. I can conjure up a pretty good Southern accent when I want to.
We talked to President Brower about arranging a church service in the Brampton prison, because Osean(We found out how she actually spells it. Still sounds like Ocean though) visits her husband there every Sunday. We will see how that goes. This Wednesday and Thursday we will be attending a specialized training meeting in Brampton. It will be like Leadership training except it will be done for every zone individually. It's going to be great.
That's about it for this week. I had a nice birthday; Elder King and Elder Bindrup made me brownies. I love you all and I hope everyone has a good week!
--Elder Wade