Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One fifth of a century

This week we finally got to teach one of the potential investigators that we had in Wasaga Beach. She was the first person that Elder Bindrup contacted when he first came to the area and now she's a new investigator. I'm really excited to continue teaching her. She is in her late 20's or early 30's and has two kids. Teaching with 3 missionaries at once is definitely different, but we will get used to it eventually.
Elder Bindrup got sick on Friday and Elder King and I practically had a day off. I thought that it would be pretty cool, but I ended up being bored out of my mind. Now I know why my dad could never sit still on Saturdays. The next day we got new beds delivered to us(our old beds were awful and who knows how old). Elder King and I got nice new beds and Elder Bindrup got our old, terrible ones. It's an upgrade from the couch at least. Elder Bindrup has insomnia, so he usually only gets 2-3 hours of sleep anyway.
We had stake conference on Sunday, and I ran into a couple of the members from Windsor that had been planning on moving up to Barrie. It's a small world, eh?
Also, I'll be 20 tomorrow, which is weird to think about. I think I'll just stop having birthdays once I'm 21. Two days from now will be the 1 year anniversary for me opening my mission call. Has it really been that long? Time is a strange thing.
Have a nice week, everybody!
--Elder Wade