Monday, October 24, 2011

The blessed land of Ajax

This week one of the ward's prospective elders had his missionary farewell. It was kind of weird going there, because the last missionary farewell I went to was mine. I'm still getting to know the members; it's quite difficult in a large ward. Louis is doing really well, he sat with the priests today when they blessed the sacrament and he went to the farewell also. Edgar hasn't been to church for a couple of weeks, so we are a little concerned for him but I'm sure he will be fine. Our two most progressing investigators, Margarita and Saul, are turning into eternal investigators it seems. They've been investigating for over a year, and they've hit a pretty big hurtle. We will do the best we can and not give up on them, however, as long as they in turn are doing the best that they can and keeping their commitments.

We went to Uxbridge on Saturday, which is about 40 minutes away. I usually have more faith when we go to towns that have rarely been tracted by missionaries, if ever. But we weren't very well received there, to my surprise. I've been spoiled here in Ajax. Everyone here is so much more open-minded. They are humble, and since there's 185,000 people in Ajax and Pickering, chances are they haven't met with missionaries so they are for the most part interested in talking to us. There are so many different nationalities here as well. There are a lot of Hindus, Muslims, Jamaicans, Europeans, Asians, etc. so you don't have to have the same conversations over and over.

This week we ran into 2 different Chinese guys, completely unrelated and in different areas, but both of them let us into their house to teach them. It's like I'm back in Chinese work again. Yesterday we dropped by one of our ward's home-bound members and ended up teaching a teenage girl that was boarding with her. Hopefully a lot of good will come of that. I've learned that each new investigator is more precious than gold. Sometimes God has to give us a bit of a drought for us to realize how precious each investigator truly is. But now we are out of the drought, thankfully.

Have a great week!

Happy birthday Mom!

--Elder Wade