This week was really good. We had the opportunity to go to a town called Angus, which is about 25 minutes from the beach. It's amazing there! We talked to people and they actually listened to us. They must not have seen too many missionaries. The weather was nice there too, and all of the snow was melted. If it was up to me, I would make some sandwiches every morning and then go to Angus every day.
We have been working with a less-active member for a while now named Kevin. He had a baby a couple of months ago. Him and his wife live with their in-laws, and we've always met with Kevin in their basement. This week he invited his father-in-law to talk to us and we taught him the first lesson. That's a lot like how we met Jennifer back in Walkerton, so I'm really excited to continue teaching him. Maybe we can get the whole family to listen in.
Conference was great! I really loved Elder Scott's talk. I was surprised to learn that we have a problem in the church with people shunning marriage. That's news to me. I love how there's always something for me to learn from conference even though most of the talks are given for a different demographic than me. I also love how a lot of comments are perfect for investigators that are listening in. Unfortunately we didn't have too many show up. I was surprised during priesthood conference to see Earl, our eternal investigator, who we hadn't been able to meet in over a month and hadn't been to church. He's set a date for his marriage! September 2012. Awesome. Cool. What the heck. After conference we went to Tim Horton's for donuts and hot chocolate. I don't think I've mentioned Tim Horton's before. It's basically a Canadian Starbucks/DunknDonuts type store and there's one on practically every street corner. All of Canada gets their coffee there. Even the Albertans, according to Elder Bennett. Anyway, after having to eat about 4 donuts(the elders quorum president is very insisting) I decided that I never want to eat another donut in my entire life. No thanks.
It's actually snowing right now, sad to say. We don't have to wear our suit coats any more but I definitely still want to. After 6 months of wearing it every day it feels weird to take it off. And I looked way cooler with it on. Last week some little kids yelled, "Yo agents!" and then rode past us on their bikes. However, the timing for conference couldn't have been better. On Sunday I discovered a good sized hole at the seat of my black suit pants(which I've been wearing all winter). I had to retire them. I had a lot of good memories in those pants. It's sad to see them go. Just one more casualty in the battle against iniquity.
Anyway, I hope things are going well down in the States. Have a nice week!
--Elder Wade