It's been two weeks now, and I'm really looking forward to getting to the missionfield. I still have a lot to learn, but I can tell that my teaching ability is a lot better. The hard thing is that teaching is more of a "we" than an "I" thing.
I'm really sad to hear about Chris...I'm just glad I got to see him a few times before I left.
I'll be done with the Book of Mormon for the 2nd time today. Really I should have finished it the second semester at BYU, but I got lazy. No room for laziness anymore. I've found another thing that will challenge me on my mission: dealing with rejection. I'm going to be rejected over and over again, and I'll have to walk away from a slammed door with a smile on my face, like Gordon B. Hinckley said. That's going to be reaaaally hard for me. And then there are the times that I will have to "dump" investigators that aren't keeping commitments. Elder Nelson said that was one of the biggest challenges of missionary work, especially if you really love the people. But I won't let any of that discourage me, hopefully it will make me a better missionary/person. I just need to be aware of it.
The food here is getting really old. I'm really glad that I lived in Heritage Halls instead of Helaman, because I wouldn't be able to handle cafeteria food 24/7. I'd rather have my nachos and frozen dinners.
I don't really have much to write about, this week feels like last week pretty much. I'm getting pretty pro at foursquare, though. =) I still have songs from my ipod running through my head, I will have to fix that.
Thanks for all the letters/food/ties.
--Love Elder Wade Wade